Growing vegetables are not only great for general fitness, it also reduces the burden of shopping when you need them. If you’re looking to start gardening, vegetables are perfect.
Below are five simple vegetables for growing in the garden;
- Carrots: When harvested fresh from the garden, carrots are at their sweetest, crunchiest best. This vegetable is high in fibre, potassium, manganese, niacin (a form of vitamin B3) and vitamins A, B6 and C. It contains a high level of sugar and it isn’t advisable for people who are seriously watching their carbohydrate intake.
- Tomatoes: Eating tomatoes is very good for our body, as it contains plenty of iron, fibre, magnesium, potassium, niacin and vitamin A, B6 and C. Sometimes, nothing can beat the feeling of eating a perfectly ripe tomato. They’re also a great source of antioxidant lycopene.
- Red Bell peppers: This vegetable is very high in potassium, riboflavin and vitamins A, B6, and C. Just a cup of the red bell pepper can contain 93 percent of the vitamin A and also 317 percent of the recommended Vitamin C.
- Beans: There are various kinds of beans that can be planted in the garden such as; kidney beans, navy beans, great northern beans, or green beans.
- Broccoli: It contains a reasonable high amount of calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamin A, B6 and C. Just a simple cup of broccoli would give you 130 percent of your daily vitamin C requirement.
Now, with all the listed vegetables you can grow in your garden it is high time you start planting and benefit from the enormous nutrients they contain. Happy Planting!!!