When you think of plants, you think of looking after them by watering them- usually. But if you lead a busy lifestyle, or simply forget to water the plants, then check out the list below.
Here are some plants that can thrive in a sustained period of dryness.
- Succulents: As long as there is sunlight, Succulent plants can survive, irrespective of whether there is water or not. You can get this house plant in a wide range of shapes, colours and sizes. Plus, with a few drops of water, you can maintain them for a long period.
- Devil’s Backbone: Also known as, Pedilanthus tithymaloides. This house plant maintains its robustness with some light and minimal water. Since, the devil’s backbone has an upright form, it looks best in tall vertical pots.
- Spider Plant: also known as Chlorophytum comosum. This plant has the ability to stay a week or even more without a drop of water. The spider plant relies more so on bright, indirect light. Also what’s great about it is the way it dangles as it grows. It looks great in a hanging basket so the dangling babies to be appreciated.
- ZZ Plant: also known as Zamioculcas zamiifolia. This house plant tolerates a wide range of light conditions, and can go for a sustained period without water. It possesses the ability to conserve water thanks to its thick base.
- Red Aglaonema: This beautiful, stylish houseplant is a great choice for people who tend to forget to water their plants, but still hope that the plant would maintain its amazing appearance. The Red Aglaonema appearance can be maintained provided it is being kept out of direct sunlight.
I hope this has been a useful list! House plants add a level of aesthetic appeal to rooms, and I certainly enjoy having them.
With these easy to maintain house plants, you can continue to live busy lives while enjoying healthy living plants.